Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Adventures Ahead

goapestatue katiezipline

Last week I turned 28 and it actually wasn’t as bad I thought it was going to be (do I say this every time??). I was surprised with lovely gifts and later sent to a spa to have 27 massaged away! On Sunday Ryan and I went to Go Ape! which was super random and pretty awesome. I could get used to climbing trees and swinging down a zip-wire. I’m not going to lie, there were some mini freak outs but only when I started overthinking it. So I’d breathe and remind myself to enjoy being up in the trees and taking new risks.

I’m proud of us. We had never done that before so we were both sh*itting ourselves putting our brave boots on and encouraging each other along the way. We’ll probably go back in the summer as we were freezing our butts off. I’ve been trying to push myself out of my comfort zone lately and jumping off trees was definitely a good start.

We ended the birthday celebrations with a mini break at Milton House and lots of relaxing. Probably should have had the massage after all the climbing craziness. I am sore as hail.

Looking forward to 28 and determined to make it a great year to look back on!!

Thanks to all of my friends and family and their sweet birthday wishes, cards and gifts! I am a lucky lady.xx

3 comments:

Patch said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Zip-lining looks like so much fun!

RosieB said...

Just found your blog, and am swooning! So gorgeous! I love your design too :) newest follower over here!

www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

Benlovesting said...

Happy 28th! You look awesome :)